Tuesday, October 21, 2008

totem-friendly


totem pole, near 1st & yesler, seattle


carving on the side of the bldg
3rd & columbia, seattle
*
Reservation II by Josh Keyes.

The last image is by Josh Keyes. He has a show called Mist at OKOK Gallery.
*
Josh was born in Tacoma and the icon of the totem appears frequently in his art. Like many of us here, "From and early age Keyes was captivated by Northwest Native American mythology and iconography."

I've never stopped to think about how strange it is that I walk by even one totem pole daily, let alone two! We're really lucky in weird ways here in the Northwest!

This is one of the weirdest reasons we're lucky:

*
"Go West" by the Cult just came on my iPod. I don't know what that means but it certainly feels relevant.

Go west young man
Are your dreams in the new lands?
And my life is over
While your's just beginning.

No comments: