Monday, October 27, 2008

George Tsutakawa

I just now noticed that there is a George Tsutakawa show up at The Wing Luke Asian Museum.

The Fountain of Wisdom by Tsutakawa
Photo by my friend, Keith Daly

His fountains have really wormed their way into my heart over the past two years.

Gerry & George Tsutakawa
Image by Craig Fujii
I don't know how I missed Sheila Farr's great article (May 2008) about the re-opening of the Museum (which includes a George Tsutakawa Gallery with an inaugural show called, "Flow, Form and Function: The Fountains of George Tsutakawa.") And here's a sweet review Regina wrote back in 1990.
A gate by George & Ayame's son, Gerard Tsutakawa.
Photo by Keith Daly
Did you know that Wing Luke was the first Asian American to hold an elected position in Washington State? Or that he was 40 years old when he died in a plane crash? More info on Wing Luke here.

No comments: