Thursday, September 18, 2008

Steak Salad

Smith has a new chef, Eliot Guthrie. With a new menu.
*
He's worked at Le Pichet and Campagne (and Lark briefly).
*
You can always count on Smith for keeping the menu fresh, and while also keeping favorites like poutine and the gruyere sandwich.
*
Check out Eliot's new menu. I was a steak salad weirdo (3x/week) a couple of menus back but then it disappeared (and I frequently lamented it). I got an email this morning saying it was back on the menu. YEA! (btw, the steak/panzanella salad was not bad at all either!). So, of course, I had to stop in tonight.
*
Anyway, the new steak salad is crazy good with endive and a non-mustard-y dressing (I liked the crunchiness of the mustard seeds, too). Again -- I just like steak + salad. Butter letter over mizuna. But the new one is nicely dressed! I also tried some delicious beat salad. I'm looking forward to trying everything on the menu over the next week or so.
**
So let me know if you're hungry for Smith.

No comments: