Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lisa's Birthday

It was Lisa's birthday on Thursday. Tonight was her party. It was at a place called Veil on Lower Queen Anne. Anyone who knows me, knows it takes a LOT to get me to cross Boren Street. But outside of the obvious reasons (uh, celebrating a friend's bday?), I'm so glad I went. I don't know why I would be surprised that Lisa's friends are great. She is so it stands to reason her friends would be too. Plus it's just good for perspective -- people just don't wear clothes like that where I go. I've never been a fan of 'dressing up' -- it's one of the reasons I LOVE Seattle. It's so 'come as you are'. I can go to Lark or work wearing the same jeans. So to be in a new bar -- full of folks 'dressed to the Nile!' (one of Lisa's friends frequently mixes up popular cliches) -- well, it's good for me to shake things up. Happy Birthday, honey!

2 comments:

shali said...

what did you think of veil? It's so white in there, it makes me nervous.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

it seemed fine. i don't know why -- that whole area (crow/veil/etc.) weirds me out (but for no real reason).

i LOVE that white/phillipe starck sh*t. i was a huge man-ray fan when it opened up. i love that whole 2001 odyssey feel. ;)

but we just stayed in the bar.

are you back?? join amy and me for breakfast?!!