Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"...UNLESS you're an artist!"

A friend of mine from New Orleans told me that it's rough to make a living in N.O. UNLESS you're an artist. That sounds like a utopia.
This local painting is amazing! I hope there's lots of this kind of art energy down there.


Party of 5 said...

hmmm....I can see that you are going to need to SERIOUSLY help me with my art appreciation. I'm not loving the man/lady painting but maybe I'm missing something???? She does have nice earrings!

Joey_Veltkamp said...

ha-ha. i think i just like the crazy "do whatever" energy of new orleans. and the painting in person seemed so full of life. i doubt it's high art, but it's definitely fun art. ;) plus, you know what you like best.

Some folks down there were telling a story about a Dolly concert saying there were some drag queens who looked better than her in the audience and they asked her if she was gonna sing, "Jolene". She did but she changed it to "Drag Queen". That Dolly! You know I asked her to our prom (before I asked Elizabeth).