Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ms Sandra Bernhard!

HOLY SH*T! For the first time in 20 years, Ms Sandra Bernhard revived "Without you I'm nothing". Ward invited (thanks again!) me since his company was a sponsor. I still remember the first time I saw the movie version. I cried when she sang "Little Red Corvette". It was just one of the purest moments of art I had seen. She finished with it tonight. Had it been at even a remotely decent venue (the convention center? who organized this bs?!), it would've killed. As it was, it still brought a tear to my eye. Ward saw originally in New York in 1988. He didn't even know until dinner that she'd be performing WYIN. And even better, Dad got to come, too.

2 comments:

Party of 5 said...

Joe,
I'm guessing your parents came for a visit in seattle???
Hope you're having a marvelous time! Sounds like you're up to lots of fun (as usual!)

Joey_Veltkamp said...

Yeah! Dave and Sharon came over Friday. We spent the afternoon with Ms. Lisa today drinking in the sun at the Fremont Fair.