Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lundgren Monuments

Quite a show! You all should stop by to check it out. The build-out (done by Greg) is awesome. While it's crowded for an "opening" -- I LOVE a death boutiqe opening -- it'll be transcendent if you go in during normal hours.

"Please join us celebrate the opening of our first foothold in changing the identity of deathcare. It really isn't that creepy. View works by Arne Pihl, Stefan Gulassa, John Ellefson, Tim Foss, Roy McMakin, Michael Leavitt, Charles Krafft, Alan Hurley, Jesse Edwards, Matthew Richter and myself. It is a sliver of a space, but kind of looks like George Burns office in God. We'll be serving nice cheese and pouring cheap wine from 4:00 to 8:00 on Wednesday and Thursday night. If you can't make it, or want to come by under more placid circumstances, our hours are 11:00 to 6:00 Tuesday through Saturday."


Lundgren Monuments boutique is located at 1011 Boren Avenue, just north of Madison.

6 comments:

Joey_Veltkamp said...

There really isn't anything creepy about it. It's a beautiful white space (almost heavenly as greg mentions) with simple shelves with beautiful reliquaries (as all deaths are saintly) with a simple bench in the middle. when i'm ready to purchase, i'm coming here for ideas. Only the good die young.

Party of 5 said...

Is this an art gallery? I dont know what death care is? At first I thought it was like...hospice or something but clearly I'm wrong because I don't see any sick people in the photo.....

I"m glad you liked it though Joe!!!!!
Love ya!!!!
(I told you I would need some enlightenment in the area of 'the arts')

Joey_Veltkamp said...

ha-ha! it's a weird hybrid where death/memorials meets up with art. The shelves are lined with different vessels to memorialize the dead.

Greg's family owns a glass tombstone business. I think he's just trying to bring the dignity back to death. ;)

Joey_Veltkamp said...

PS - -you were a topic of conversation at last night's happy hour - with Ms Amy Sleeth!

Party of 5 said...

Oh Amy! I love Amy! I've been trying to be her friend on facebook but she won't have me......

Next time you see her ask her if she remembers the 'fork pegasus' commercial we did with Hope Garrison...It was inspiring!

google said...

+Greg you are the best! It is people like you that will truly turn a sad time into a special moment for families. I love seeing the death care profession heading in a more positive direction! Anything we can do to help just give us a call.
Mary LaFleur
Grand Departures Funeral Services