Saturday, April 12, 2008

You are the sunshine of my life!


I know that this isn't earth shattering -- but my gawd, it's SO WELCOME!
In all my years here in Seattle (12 winters), this one has been hands down the most miserable for me. I'm not sure if it was any worse than the others. In fact, it might just be because I worked at the front desk at the YMCA and so everyone who came in also complained about it. So it's not like I just thought, "Sheesh, the weather sucks!" It's that practically every other person who came in from the cold also bitterly complained. So by the 20th person, my response is, "I KNOW - WHAT IS UP WITH THIS CRAP??!??"
But I do think it was just more than that. As I've been walking most places, I'm really more aware of the weather. And it's just odd to start out with sun, then hit rain, then get snow -- all within an hour's walk. I should say it would be odd anywhere else -- but not in Seattle.
I don't know where I'd go to (Austin? New Orleans? Maui?) but I don't think I can do one more winter here!!
But for now, I'm just REALLY REALLY happy that today will be 72 (which happens to be my favorite number).
Stevie Wonder all day long.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

You can stay with me when the graytime comes
You can stay with me all winter long
You can stay with me in LA
Oh, Joey, it's alright


72 is a good vintage. You know that's when Stevie's Talking Book (aka his best album ever)came out, right?

Wendy said...

Next time it rains, you can listen to this mixed tape I made you.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

OH -- I LOVE IT! I was just listening to ELO this morning. And who doesn't like a little Eddie Rabbit?

Thanks for the mix. I thought it was going to be a link to real mixed tape you made me that you had a photo of. ;) it wouldn't surprise me at all if you did.

Wendy said...

Okay, okay.

I can take a hint. I'll go buy a tape deck right now.

Wendy said...

P.S. That's my karaoke standard.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

I love a rainy night is your karaoke standard? ;)

Wendy said...

You know it makes me feel good.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

gawd i love you.

at first i was tricked and then i realized it was the lyric and then i re-realized how much i love you!

do i get to see you soon?