Friday, April 18, 2008

Hold an old friend's hand...


I woke up in a terrible mood. Background processed my usual problems all night and woke up sad.
As I walked to work (basically 1/2 block off MLK and 1/2 from Elliott Bay), I listened to my "sad" mix. Right as Sia "Breathe Me" came on, someone snuck up behind me and put their hand in mind.
I turned around to see this BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL face. I almost started crying. I've been RIDICUOUSLY happy of late and all I want to do is hold hands with my friends and run and jump! It's totally Sesame Street and related to my childhood. In this sweet world, it's still rare to get exactly what you need -- I'm SO lucky to have a friend like l'il JBear that happened to be walking the same route, at the same time and snuck her little hand into mine.
It reminds me of the AA Milne quote: "Pooh?" "Yes, Piglet." "Nothing, I just wanted to be sure of you." and then the illustration is of them holding hands.
And of course, it further reminds me of "Beautiful People" by Melanie. Her line about "We got so much in common -- you go the same direction that I do." As I walk the same 2.5 miles each morning and evening, I see the same people and you totally start to form these tiny relationships with them. Humans...we're so odd.

3 comments:

wcr said...

i listen to "breathe me" when i'm sad too!
remix or original? i go for the original...
ah sia, always there to help me wallow.

Joey_Veltkamp said...

uh, i will do both. :)

Wendy said...

Oh, I'm so happy and jealous all at once.