Saturday, February 2, 2008

Poutine Queen.


Yesterday was a great art day!
I started off by seeing Dawn Cerny's show. It was really great. But I think I think I love her work even more when it's just her stuff. The owls and mourning dresses and accompanying texts and ephemera were great and additive, but my favorite pieces were Dawn's. I just love her stuff so much. Any my gawd, Jean-Luc Mylayne -- wow!
Then I went over to the Frye to see the R Crumb show. I haven't ever seen such a varied cross-section of exhbition-goers -- even at S.A.M.s re-opening.
Then I went to see Multiplex at Western Bridge.
Skillet was there and they were serving poutine. I tried some of a friend's. It was good -- but I think Smith has the best poutine I've had. Yann said he had better poutine in Montreal and Dave replied, "Hmmm! Are you having drinks with the queen too?" and it was really funny.
Last was the Hidetout. We were going to try to make it to Grey Gallery & Lounge -- but it was almost 9;15 (on a Friday night) so I had to go home to bed.
Dawn Cerny. Going to Die Shirt. 2007. Ink on paper. 11 x 10 in. Courtesy of the artist.

No comments: