Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"So this is the new year and I have no resolutions."*

Happy New Year. I seem to be guilty of buying into the idea that January 1st is a fresh start. I think because my birthday falls within a week, I always over-reflect. But this year really does feel like a new start. I don't know if I want to "commit" to anything as specific as a resolution...actually, I will.

2008 Resolutions

Be more vulnerable (more trusting, less suspicious)
Sing and Dance more. In the car, at home, on the street. Just more of spontaneous acts of joy.
Make friends with Ben Gibbard*.
Look in health's direction and start walking.
More coffee dates with my friends.

That's a good place to start.

1 comment:

Joey_Veltkamp said...

Resolutions are working. Have lost 60lbs so far. Have many more opportunities to see my friends. With all the walking with my iPod, I've been doing lots more singing and dancing (I have to remember that earphones don't make me invisible).